I’m not gonna lie these past few weeks have really been tough, you might have noticed that I’ve not been around much on the blog or social media and it’s just because life has been so hectic.
November isn’t set to be any less so, in fact it’s most likely going to be even more hectic, but I’m looking forward to it. I had a bit of a reflective moment last night and decided I’m just going to try to tackle the month each day as it comes and do my best. That’s why there aren’t any really tough goals this month, nothing that will really push me, it’s all stuff that feels doable, we’ll just have to see how November pans out!
- Prepare for/have some puppies! – The girls are due their litters within the next 2-3 weeks so it’s not so much a goal as it is an inevitability! I still feel like I’ve got a lot to get ready before it all happens but in reality it’s probably not that much, I’m just getting anxious about it and my brain is making it seem worse than it is. I’m just hoping for smooth deliveries and healthy mummies and puppies, and maybe a bit of sleep for myself (although I know the likelihood of that is very slim!)
- Film a video for YouTube – When the girls have their litters I will be on a 2-3 week ‘puppy maternity leave’ from work. As long as everyone is well and good I might be able to snatch a few moments away here and there to finally look at doing my first YouTube video and launching my channel (I know I have said this so many times in the past but I really mean it this time). I’m not sure what kind of video it’ll be yet but there will be one!
- Get paperwork to the accountant – I desperately need to do some forms/spreadsheets/paperwork for the accountant and get it to him ASAP. I was hoping to have got it done last month but I just didn’t get the time to sit down and focus on it but it has to be done this month. I just need to schedule in maybe 2-3 hours to do it in.
- Work out a stock inventory system for the workshop – We are now fully moved into the workshop and have our ‘warehouse’ area set up with racking. I need to devise a system for knowing what items are on each shelf and in which quantity so that it makes picking orders quicker. I have an idea in mind that uses white boards at the end of each bay but I don’t know if it’ll be practical yet.
- Create 2 new Christmas products – We’ve already started to get a ton of Christmas sales on our Etsy shop but I’m so behind with getting festive products created that I’m worried we might miss the Christmas shopping window so this is a high priority task!
- Declutter 100 items – I’m still on a decluttering mission but it comes in fits and starts depending on what time I’ve had to potter around. If I could manage another 100 items this month I would be happy.
- Use the gym – I have failed miserably at any goal to do with exercise the past few months so this time I’m not going to set a ‘work out so many times a month’ bar, I’m just going to try and use the gym when I have the energy and chance to – no pressure, just go with the flow.
Do you have any goals for the month?
Monthly Goals (and updates!) Linky
I love a monthly goals list, it sets me off on the right foot to tackle the coming weeks and it’s great to be able to update you all when I’ve completed a goal and spur me on to the next thing. I thought it would be fun to open up these Monthly Goals posts as a linky for bloggers and Instagrammers from all niches to be able to share their plans for the month and update as they go along so we can all be cheerleaders for one another.