And just like that we’re in, not only a new year but, a whole new DECADE!
Last year was a good year for us but 2020 is set to be even better. There are lots of big things we would like to accomplish this year and hopefully these monthly goals will help towards achieving them.
- Start getting up at 6am – I find it really hard to get up in the mornings, especially when it’s so dark over winter BUT I know I can. We’ve got into a bad habit over the past few months of sleeping in because we have flexible working hours and it’s doing us no favours. I want to get into the routine of getting up at 6am and into work for 7 (7:30am at the latest) that way we can be home before 4pm and actually have some of the day left.
- Use my 1 liter water bottle everyday – I was doing so well with drinking water a few months ago and then just kinda forgot about it. I bought a 1 liter water bottle so that it’s easier to monitor how much I’m drinking – I know it’ll feel like a chore at first but I’m confident I can get myself easily drinking 2 liters a day by the end of the month, if not more!
- Start a project on the sewing machine – I’ve been doing a bit of hand sewing lately but I’m itching to get back to my machine. I’ve got some fabric coming later this week that I’m hoping will inspire me.
- Make notes in my diary each day – I know lots of people love doing 5 minutes of free writing to clear their mind first thing when they wake up or a gratitude list at the end of their day…I am not one of those people, my mind just does not work in that way. My mind works in bullet points and quick scribbled notes, so that’s what I’m going to try. Each evening when I sit down at the computer I’m going to make some notes about the day, it’s not so I can look back and go ‘oh that’s what I did on such and such date’ it’s just more of an exercise of emptying my head each day and hopefully it’ll help me remember stuff a bit better!
- Publish at least 2 post on my new blogs – The past few months have been a big case of so many ideas and so little time. I’ve got two new blogs in the form of SideHustleDirectory.co.uk and the BangOnBlanks blog and I want to get at least two new posts on each of them this month. I’ve got nearly 100 draft posts to choose from across them both so it’s just a case of finding the time to do it.
- Complete the 30 day squat challenge – I’ve not done any exercise in a long time so I’m thinking this could be a good way to ease me back into it.
- Post to my Insta grid everyday – I am terrible at remembering to share photos to my grid, they just end up sitting in my camera roll and then get lost on my computer. I’d like my grid to be a snapshot of my life, I don’t really have a theme or style for it, I just want to record some more memories.
- Deep clean the living room – When I was packing the Christmas bits away I saw how messy it was down the back of the TV unit and I can’t remember the last time I did a proper deep clean of the living room so it definitely needs doing!
- Tighten up the budget – December was a bit of a spendy month for us so I want to tighten the reins on the budget and see if I can free up some more money to go towards our sinking funds.
- Get back on Keto! – We were doing so well with Keto but fell off the wagon about 6 weeks ago and I feel like absolute crap because of it. I’m not sleeping as well, I can’t focus and I just feel drained. I want to feel as good as I did a few weeks ago so we are getting back on it and staying on it.
Do you have any goals for the month?
Monthly Goals (and updates!) Linky
I love a monthly goals list, it sets me off on the right foot to tackle the coming weeks and it’s great to be able to update you all when I’ve completed a goal and spur me on to the next thing. I thought it would be fun to open up these Monthly Goals posts as a linky for bloggers from all niches to be able to share their plans for the month and update as they go along so we can all be cheerleaders for one another.