I didn’t do a Goals post last month, I knew it was going to be a tough month and I knew I wouldn’t manage to get much more done than just working and sleeping.
Thankfully I survived July with my sanity mainly intact and so I’m back this month with a shiny new #Goals post!
I thought I’d give a bit of an explanation for each one and hopefully I can elaborate on them more throughout the month.
- Overhaul the grocery budget – Money is going to be tight this month and even tighter in September (damn you pay day change!) so I really want to get the grocery budget under control so that we don’t have to worry about accidental overspending. We’re already making a conscious effort to eat healthier but this has subsequently meant that the food bill has gone up a bit so I need to do a bit more planning and maybe do some orders from places like Muscle Food.
- Declutter 100 items from the house – We have too much stuff! Not big things but little things that are filling up drawers and cupboards and I want to get rid of it. The less mess we have the calmer I feel.
- Do a full freezer and cupboards inventory – We have two under counter freezers in the house and one full size freezer in the sideway. Ideally we need to get rid of the one outside and one of the undercounters but they all have odd and ends in them, I think I can condense it all down this month so that we can at least turn off the sideway freezer ready to be taken away. This should also help to reduce the grocery spend for this month as I’d rather eat through what we’ve got before getting loads more in.
- Learn to do a proper push up – I tried the other day and I’m not strong enough to lift my own body weight yet but I’m determined to be able to do maybe 3-5 without breaking a sweat by the end of the month!
- List 2 new products on Etsy -Poor BebeMakes has been pretty neglected the past few months whilst we’ve been super busy with BangOnBlanks but things are finally getting into a bit more of a rhythm and I should have time to get some new products listed on Etsy.
- Have a wardrobe sort out – I feel like I need to empty the wardrobe and drawers onto my bed and have a proper sort out of everything, I know I’ve got at least 2 bags full of clothes that could go on eBay.
- Use cash envelopes – This is going to be imperative to help us stick to the budget this month.
Do you have any goals for the month?
Monthly Goals (and updates!) Linky
I love a monthly goals list, it sets me off on the right foot to tackle the coming weeks and it’s great to be able to update you all when I’ve completed a goal and spur me on to the next thing. I thought it would be fun to open up these Monthly Goals posts as a linky for bloggers and instagrammers from all niches to be able to share their plans for the month and update as they go along so we can all be cheerleaders for one another.